Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day: 365

Vivienne turns one today, at 10:10 pm. I plan on having a shot of Maker's Mark, while eating my frozen pizza dinner, and making about a zillion Pom-Pom things for her birthday celebration on Saturday. Maybe I'll go crazy and have two shots! We survived one year, after all. One year! It has flown by. I feel like I blinked and she turned into this red-headed, almost walking, very opinionated, super lovable and sweet-hearted, ONE YEAR OLD!

Note to Vivienne:

Dear Vivi,

I cannot believe we made it this far. There were times, right after you were born, that I couldn't fathom this day ever getting here. Those sleepless, postpartum nights feel like a lifetime ago. Everyone said it would fly by, and it did. I wish I could go back and do it all over again. Every painstaking minute of it. You have changed our lives completely, and there is no way I could ever imagine life the way it was before you arrived. Your daddy and I spent last night reminiscing your birth and looking at your year in photos (which I really wanted to have as a slide-show on here, but time got away from me). You were so small! You were the most adorable newborn we have ever laid eyes on. My GOD you were so freaking cute! Absolutely perfect!

Vivi, you are a pretty cool baby. Seriously, I think you're going to be an amazing kid and person. I can't wait to get to know you more. This last month has been a little hard for me, with leaving work and dealing with some mental health stuff, but I want you to know, none of that has anything to do with you. I am so utterly in love with you, and so confident in my choice to stay home with you. What a privilege! I was just telling Daddy last night that it will be so fun when you are a little older and we can go through series of books together. You love books! You also love telling Mommy what to do these days. It cracks me up (when it doesn't completely scare the hell out of me). You get your feelings hurt very easily sometimes, and love everything to be in order (a little OCD), but I have to say, you come by it naturally! I get to experience all these little things with you and I can't think of a better life than that.

We've recently almost finished our backyard (thank you Uncle Courtney!), and you've been motoring around on the lawn, exploring, and playing with your water toys. You are a very tactile baby and you absolutely adore water. It makes your day complete when you can splash around and get wet. You're almost walking! One of your favorite things to do is use our hands as your walker and walk around and check things out. You can take little steps barely holding on, and your balance is almost there! You've got some serious action going on in your mouth these days. There are about 4 teeth all trying to burst their way out of your gums right now -- not fun. I promise you will love having teeth though. Think of all the things you'll be able to eat! Blackberries are the new crack:

You have a doctors appointment at the end of September to get all of your shots and blood work, all the one year old stuff, and we'll find out what you weigh these days. All I know is you are HEAVY. VERY. HEAVY. And you love being held and cuddling. You're a lover with a givers heart (quoting your Nono). It's true, Toots. Sammy has figured this out, and you both have taken to cuddling with each other which is just unbelievably heart melting. Daddy has been missing you tremendously lately, as he just went back to work after a whole summer with you. It's been hard on him. I can't imagine a Daddy that loves their baby more than yours loves you. You are one lucky girl.

Well, Vivienne, I should wrap this up, as I could go on forever writing about all of the things that make you, you. We love you, love you, love you! Bring on Year 2! You are the best thing we ever did.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment