Thursday, February 23, 2012

LOVE NOTES.


Before February is over, I have to post a little something about Valentines Day.  I am SO late on everything right now, it feels like a mantra or a theme song for my life.  I keep telling myself that I will get caught up, that I'm just doing too much -- when the reality is that I will never get caught up, and I need to be doing more.  This is the story of parenthood and working part-time from home and everything else in between.  Let's face it, it's the in-between drama that usually weighs me down more than the everyday stuff.  Today, as I grabbed my daughter out of the car/SUV/whatever in-between vehicle it is, I told her for what felt like the hundredth time, "OK babe, let's RUN, we're late for soccer!"  And she said "Yea!" and proceeded to run like the wind as if it didn't matter in the slightest.  Does it really matter?  Right now it's just soccer for tots.  But I don't want to be that mom that's always late.  Always telling their child to run because we couldn't get out the door in time.  I'm going to work on it.  We will get out of our pajamas earlier in the morning, and maybe read one less book so that we can be on time.

Back to Valentine's Day....

We are not huge Valentines Day folk.  Never have been.  But it always feels like we have to do something, because it's being forced down our throats from every angle.  I did not get my daughter any special present for Valentines Day.  It's a day for lovers right?  We chatted about it, and eventually she will probably pass them out at school (I loved doing that) but for now it just all seems a little silly (for Viv).  What didn't seem silly was posing her in front of our chalkboard wall for some adorable photos and having a nice dinner and movie with my man when she went down to bed.  I love the idea of celebrating love.  Really I do.  I want my daughter to celebrate love.  But I don't think I need to buy her a bunch of Valentines themed presents and make a big deal out of something that should just be a simple celebration of the love we have in our family.  

I know this post is late.  Late late late.  Better than never?  And how cute are these pictures?

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment