Tuesday, May 8, 2012

MY BUTTERFLY.



It's getting more and more difficult for me to write about Vivienne on here.  I know she's only two (and a half) but sometimes I feel like the things I have to say about her, and for her, should be private.  I have always known that having a public blog (albeit, a small, not very popular blog ;) would mean that some day all of these little stories and memories and feelings will need to stop being told.  Of course they'll still be going on, they just won't be shared by me.  Vivienne should be the story teller of her own life.  This has always been my plan.  And while I don't think we're at that point yet, I still find myself feeling a little cautious about what I share on here.  Because words sometimes fail and stories are just stories.

I'm not gonna lie, I love styling my kid.  I've often wondered why I haven't followed through on my desire to have a little series called "What Vivi Wore" (besides the fact that I can't seem to regularly blog lately :), and then it hit me like a ton of bricks today while reading an article on "how to talk to little girls" (I can't remember the source, and I'm so bummed).  The article focuses on the fact that we are so quick to comment and point out the way little girls look and/or how they are dressed, instead of just talking to them and asking them questions about themselves or their interests.  And it's true, I have seen this and done this hundreds of times.  Don't get me wrong, I really like children's fashion and I'm the first one to get excited about dressing my little babe in the morning.  If there's a romper out there this season -- I most likely have it.  I just wonder sometimes how much emphasis I want to put on this blog regarding what my child wears or how she looks.  That's all. 

These are the things on my mind lately...

x
A.


No comments:

Post a Comment