Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas, Part 1

Uma and Choo-Choo Xmas

Marley meets Santa (Viv fell asleep)

"Zeo" Leo (my baby bro)

Dad, the turkey in a bag KING!

Back at Grandparents Weathers house

I am going to attempt to post some pictures of our Christmas this year. When I say "our" Christmas I mean the three separate occasions we had with my dad and stepmom, my mom and stepdad, and my in-laws (Mitch's parents). We actually did have our own Christmas as well -- the morning before we left town, so in all fairness, we had four Christmases. Wow! When Viv is of age to appreciate this fact, I imagine a statement from her that goes something like this: "Sweet mom! Four Christmases? NO WAY!" While all her friends are cleaning up and playing with their toys, she will be just getting started on the next family. This is what I tell myself as we are packing up for a week of travel to Sacramento -- that the many events and people to see and parties to attend will be a positive thing for her one day. That she will appreciate all that her poor parents go through each time we have to travel with her. Can you hear the violins in the background?

The thing is, we had a blast. Someday it will be too much to see everyone. But for now, while she's young, and while we're too stupid and too willing, I feel thankful that we got to see her entire family. We made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment