Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Silver Lake, part 1






Camping was really, really fun. We took Vivienne to my favorite spot on Earth -- the potholes. Not the official name I'm sure. Mitch and I used to go up there all the time in the dead heat of summer just for the day, and lounge on the giant granite rocks, then jump into the crystal clear potholes for a cool down. We'd usually end up at our favorite burrito joint for the car ride home. Those were the days. While it was definitely a different experience this time, it was surreal and amazing bringing my baby to this special spot. She loved it. I knew she would. Rushing water, loads of granite. A thing of beauty. We went on the most beautiful hikes, dodged the mosquitoes, and she loved her new pack so much that she would sleep in it while Mitch was trekking along. I can't wait to go back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment