Sunday, January 15, 2012

AWARD FOR THE LATEST CHRISTMAS UPDATE (in photos)



stockings stuffed and ready

6am, Christmas morning




Emily, Toby, and Harvey

Hugging Toby, the new train addition

Guitar!

Surprised Daddy with an ipad ;)

new jammies, a xmas eve tradition

pancake pen!



cousins wearing lipstick

Mini kick scooter!
I am embarrassed about how long it's taken me to get to blogging.  In an attempt to catch up, and for the sake of documenting our life, here is a quick recap:

Christmas was great.  We finally did what we've been wanting to do for years, and stayed home for Christmas morning.  It was amazing and just as I had planned (and planned, and planned).  I tend to over-plan.  Sometimes the spontaneity of a situation is completely gone by the time I'm done with it.  We had a blast being in the city for all the festivities.  We went to Christmas parties, saw Christmas lights, went to Viv's first Christmas ballet, baked cookies for Santa, built gingerbread houses, and I wrapped all our gifts in "brown paper packages tied up with string" (a shout out to The Sound of Music, my favorite all time movie).  It turned out great and I LOVED it.  We had a Christmas eve movie night, and then Vivi put out Santa's treats, and then Mama and Papa got to work as the little elves.  Stockings stuffed and a brand new scooter left out by Santa, and we were ready to roll.  I haven't been that excited since I was a kid myself, and could hardly sleep.  Then we saw family in the days that followed, and it was great!

On to next year...(or this year!).

1 comment:

  1. hear hear! It was the best xmas ever! Waiting for December 2012! mw

    ReplyDelete