Tuesday, August 27, 2013

DEAR BABY.


Hello there sweet Baby (girl),

Tonight I am sitting here on my computer, trying to get some last minute things done for your sisters birthday party on Saturday.  She'll be four years old in less than a week.  Your daddy is in Detroit for work, and your Grandma is downstairs spending the night with us.  I just wanted to take a minute and tell you that I'm really excited to be your mama.  These times at night have become special to me - when everyone is asleep and it's just "you and me".  As I type this you are doing crazy somersaults and I can feel every little jab and poke and flip-flop.  It's amazing!  You haven't been quite this "aggressive" in your movements yet.  All just more evidence that you are growing and preparing for the day you'll meet us.

Sometimes I feel like I hardly have time to focus on the fact that you are on your way.  I am already entering seven months pregnant with you, the third trimester!  I had an appointment today to check up on you and you are doing great.  The perfect size, and the perfect heartbeat.  I can't wait to meet you and hold you.  I try to imagine what you'll look like and what you'll be like.  I have your sister here to distract me most of the time, but you should know that I am counting the days until I get to see your bright little face.  I just can't believe I am lucky enough to do this a second time!  Everyone here is waiting eagerly to meet you.  You're lucky in that the second you are born, you'll already have such a great daddy and sister to greet you.

Keep growing baby.  Know that while you were busy preparing for us, my heart was so full just thinking about you.

Love,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment