Tuesday, April 5, 2011

19 months

 
Well, sweet Vivienne, it's been a hell of a month.  We are all STILL recovering from a major cold so I am behind on pretty much everything.  I took you to the doctor on Monday and so far you don't have to take antibiotics (read: no ear infection).  If you don't start to get rid of this chesty cough by Friday it's on to amoxicillin for you though.  You haven't really ever had any infections that require medicine, so I am really hoping to keep it that way.  Don't worry, your 19 month portraits in Mama's favorite Eames rocker are coming.  Tomorrow I will take them/post them.  I think...

Since you've been down and out this month I've eased up with the potty training.  I never really officially started you on it, so you don't really know the difference anyhow.  You still go potty before each bath and sometimes in between, casually.  You are getting 4 molars all at once as well!  A nasty cold, plus four molars equals NO sleep for the Mama and the Dada!  We are all very tired, including you.  You have really worked on weaning almost all of your bottles and once we all get healthy I am going to "jump in" for real, and bare that bum of yours.  It will be a pretty cute week with a naked Vivi bum running around (or terrifying I guess, depending on how we look at it :).  As I've mentioned before I think you are more than ready, but more importantly, we all have to be ready!

What can I say that I haven't said a million times before?  I'm pretty taken with you, Toots.  Your Daddy and I know there will come a time when you don't want to hang out with us every second of every day, in fact we talk about it a lot.  I know I won't always be able to cuddle with you like I do now, or smell your red head right under my chin, or comfort you just by picking you up.  You will turn two this year and I feel like I was just pregnant.  It is FLYING by.

Anyway, Vivi, I am going to cut this one short because I'm already tired and feeling super emotional and I can't think of any other way to say what I've already tried to articulate to you so inadequately (in this letter, and every day).  I love you, love you, love you -- and will always make sure you know this truth.  You are cherished Cheeky Bootie!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment