Sunday, April 3, 2011

Elvis

So Vivienne and I have this thing.  I totally debated putting it up here because there is nothing I loathe more than hearing my voice in video format.  Nothing.  Well, maybe public speaking.  And bees (shush, Virginia!).  I don't know why, it's like nails on a chalkboard.  But I'd love for her to see this someday, and for us to remember it together.  And who knows, it may slip my mind when I'm old and toothless.  Also I can use it for leverage when we get to that point in our relationship where she is constantly rolling her eyes at me or saying my name with an exclamation point at the end all the time, "Mooommmm!", followed by a sigh.  I can say, "Look!  You totally dug me, see?!" 

Anyway...it goes like this.  She's in a crappy mood so I ask her if she wants to hear from Elvis or Ray (Presley or Charles).  She almost ALWAYS picks Elvis.  I'm starting to doubt my Ray Charles impersonation (Mitch is shaking his head I can feel it).  I then say ''I love you'' in my best Elvis voice while tickling her.  That's it, times ten.  She is always in a better mood, and her laughter is hysterical!

There you have it, and there we have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment