Saturday, August 13, 2011

CUPCAKES & FAT LIPS - A HIATUS




It's been quiet around Team Dub lately (the blog NOT the life), and I wanted to write today to let you know that it has been intentional on my part.  I have not forgotten about this little corner, nor have I had any less exciting life opportunities to write about.  I've just been feeling like sometimes there seems to be a lot of living your life and doing your business and going about your day -- all so that you can write about it or post pictures of it later that day (or worse, that very moment).  It feels a little tiring and less than sincere when I'm browsing the same blogs and websites day after day, and it seems a single moment can't be lived without letting half the world know about it.  As if it matters.  As if living the moment isn't enough and we need witnesses.  These are the things that have been weighing heavy on my mind and I've needed a break from all of it.  I always feel torn because there has been a lot going on that I want to write about, so that we (my family and I, Vivienne in particular) can look back and remember and even laugh a little (or cry?).  Plus, I'm horrible at any sort of physical baby book or scrapbook or anything of that vein.  Writing has always been an outlet for me and if it can inspire someone else, that's what makes me keep doing it.

What I DON'T want to happen is have this post be interpreted as me saying I'm done blogging.  I know that's not the case.   And I'm certainly not judging anyone else for doing the same.  I just miss reading a book in my spare time and doing things with my hands and being creative.  It is amazing what I've thought about and dreamed up just taking these last few weeks or so to be unplugged from the blogosphere.  It almost felt wrong at first to be so unattached from what everyone else has been doing until I realized I am much happier just living my moments for me.  There's so much we miss when being so focused on documentation (or dare I say it, the latest style). 

So that's it.  Just me putting my feelings out there about where I'm at right now.  It will change I'm sure, and I do love and get inspired by all of the positive energy I've found out there on the internet.  For now I'm taking the time to just spend with my family without worrying whether or not I got a good photo of the moment -- you know, one that truly captured how we felt. 

Does anyone ever feel this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment