Wednesday, November 2, 2011

26 MONTHS.



ps: mama got the iphone 4S and is a SUPER happy camper :)
Note to Vivienne:

Dear Tootie,

Today you turn 26 months old, and as you will see from these photos, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get you to sit still for a photo moment these days.  Most of the pictures I have of you lately are your back.  Or the top of your head.  Or they're blurry.  It'll have to do -- because the more I ask you to stand still the more antsy you get.  Then I start trying to bribe you with things which doesn't work.  Next, I result to threatening you, which is a joke!  So I figure for the next year or so pictures of you will all look like this.

Let's see, what are you up to these days?  More like what aren't you up to!  Developmentally you are doing great!  (I put these milestones in here because I am counting on this to be your baby book, so you can look back and see the sorts of things you did around this time).  You are chatting up a storm!  You didn't say much for the longest time, and then all of a sudden sentences are spilling from your mouth.  And they're in the cutest little concentrated form, for example: when I went into your room this morning and turned on the light your first sentence of the day went like this, "I..watch..Dora?...Vivi..Dora..watch?...I..watch..Dora..pease!"  It's adorable when you pause between each word and you're very calculated with what you say. 

You're counting to ten (and you love to do this with everything you see), and you are obsessed with letters.  You pretty much know A-Z.  Books are still the favorite pastime for you and I'd be lying if I didn't say how happy it makes me to see you curled up with a book.  Ever since you received your train set for your birthday the world revolves around Thomas the Tank Engine.  I got you some little Thomas books and you love to read these every night with Mommy before you go to sleep.  That and anything that has a picture of you in it.  Some other favorite books of yours right now are Mister Seahorse, Some Babies are Wild, Piggies, anything Dr. Seuss, and I Can Fly.  Every time we get into the car to go somewhere we have to take with us at least 3 trains.  Usually Billy, Percy, and James or Thomas.  I'm on the hunt for Harvey (you love when he saves the day and moves the logs off the track).  You also love Bertie the bus.  You've also become quite the backseat driver - it cracks me up!  If the light turns green you say "go, Mommy!" or if I stop suddenly or say oops!, you have this sing-songy way of saying to me "Mommmmiiiiaaaa!"  Oh, I adore you.

Baby girl, you have most definitely moved into the "terrible two's" although I'm not so sure how terrible they are.  There have been a handful of super rough days for Mama, but for the most part it's about me realizing you're not a little baby anymore.  And even though you struggle sometimes with swatting the kids at the playground if they come too near your slide, or you tell me "no" every time I ask you to stop doing something, I still think we are going to come out the other side unscathed.  It's a trying time in your little world.  You've got a whole new mix of emotions and opinions and it's actually fascinating to watch your little life unfold. 

Mama is in the middle of trying to find you a preschool, and it has made me really think about the limited time the two of us have left in your "baby years".  I know it's a year away, but all the tours and orientations have been crazy.  I just want you to stay little for as long as you can.  You already learn so much everyday, little sponge. 

Well, my little love dove, this is getting long, as they tend to do.  Keep being "so happy".  I am thankful for you every day, and I love you every second.

xo
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment