Thursday, January 7, 2010

I wear my sunglasses at night..


Today has been one of those days where my patience with people has run thin. It's not their fault. They don't realize that they are the fifty millionth person to tell me how ENORMOUS my baby is. I mean, they must just think it's the first time I've ever heard that. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Viv and I were at the mall today buying a little birthday treat for Auntie Andilene when two employees (at an unnamed store) started to coo over my baby. I'm not gonna lie, I love it when people start to gush over her. It's like my whole body goes into "I know isn't she TO DIE FOR!" mode. I'm not the only one who loves it. Vivienne turns into a HAM when people start talking to her in a sing-songy voice, I mean seriously, she lights up and just starts thrashing and smiling in my arms, I can hardly hold her. It's TO DIE FOR. Anyway, not a moment later after the "she's so adorable" comments came the inevitable question, "How old is she?" So I smile and say 4 months, and that is when people literally have a heart attack right there in front of me and follow it up with several comments on how she is the biggest 4 month old they have EVER seen, or that their niece or nephew or step-son or someone related to them whoever, is smaller than that and they are almost a year old! OMG!

She's really not that big. Ok, maybe she's pushing twenty pounds and she wears 6-12 month clothing, so what! I don't usually care about these comments, in fact I typically agree and think it's funny. It's just today for some reason it got under my skin. I was being sensitive, I get it! People don't mean it the way they say it of course! I need to be more mature about these things. Try carrying her around in the middle of the night with one arm, using the other to plug her mouth with a pacifier. I bet my arms are WAY more toned than yours, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment