Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sampling the vino on a Saturday afternoon

Winery #1 (so composed)

Winery #2 (getting happy)


Winery #3 (trying to be composed)

Over the long holiday weekend we went to Galt to spend it with Grandma and Grandpa Weathers. It's funny how I call them that now. Grandma and Grandpa, as if they don't have names anymore. Let's see, there's Grandma, Grandpa, Uma, Choo-Choo, Nonno, Nonna -- I do this to ALL of them. I would HATE it if they started calling me "Mommy" or something similar. If they ever did I would probably say something like, HEY PLEASE DON'T CALL ME THAT!! Maybe after this post I will get several emails or calls explaining that YES, it does drive them UP THE WALL when I do that! I digress.

We had a great time with family, and on Saturday Mitch and I went on an early Valentines Day excursion. Mitch set it up with his parents to watch Vivienne while we went wine tasting in Amador County, just about an hour from their house. We have not gone on a long/day trip date since Viv was born. Long before that if we're being honest. Being gigantic and pregnant just doesn't go well with day trips. It does go well with laying on the couch and eating and watching movies that make me cry though! Okay, back to wine tasting! It was so unbelievably fun I can't even find the words to describe it. Just so romantic and we had a blast. We used to do that stuff ALL the time, he and I, and it's one of our favorite things to do. Wine taste or anything involving a nice drive, good food, and lots of uninterrupted conversation about nothing in particular. It was nice to connect again. We did purchase WAY too much wine though, for all of our nights at home after we put Vivienne down!

I have tried to put the pictures in order of the wineries we visited. You can tell by our expressions which winery was last! We had to cut ourselves off after three of them. We started getting looks from people and I was afraid we were going to get asked politely to have some bread or step outside. Nothing like acting like giddy teenagers!


No comments:

Post a Comment