Sunday, March 13, 2011

Birthday Girl...

It's hard to post about anything right now, given the current events in Japan.  My heart feels heavy, and I find myself depressed and feeling helpless, like there's nothing I can do in my little corner of the world.  I know there are people suffering beyond comprehension and that it is only going to get worse before it gets better.  I don't know what to do.  My dad visited yesterday and Mitch and I took a little lunch date.  We went to Chez Papa, a little French bistro we love and used to go to all the time, you know, pre Vivienne.  As we sat there having mussels and wine I looked out the window and saw the SF Chronicle's front page: DEVASTATION.  There I was eating my French cuisine, on a date with my love, while an entire nation is going through devastation.  There is no way to process this juxtaposition. 

I thought I'd post about little Izzy's birthday - she turned one and our friends Courtney and Ellen had her party today in Golden Gate Park.  She's so pretty and grown up.  Here is a little video of the birthday girl, of life and the possibilities it holds.  Happy birthday Iz, we love you precious girl!



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment